Make a Donation
Our organization spends more than $3 million dollars each year on patient care for the underinsured. These are patients who are often turned away from other providers because they are expensive to treat and yield little financial incentive to care for. For this vulnerable population, Visiting Nurse Health System is the community safety net. Your charitable contributions enable us to serve all patients regardless of insurance coverage or ability to pay. Thank you for helping support our work.
As a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. You can make your donation in memory or honor of a loved one.
Additional Ways to Support Us
Remember, You Can Double or Triple Your Impact!
Many corporations sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, click the DOUBLE THE DONATION button or contact your human resources department. The impact of your gift may be doubled or possibly tripled! Companies also often match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
Giving a gift of stock to Visiting Nurse Health System is easy – call the Office of Advancement at (404) 215-6010 and we’ll walk you through the process.
Stock is often received directly by our brokerage without the donor’s identity as a part of the transaction, so please email the Office of Advancement or call us at 404-215-6010, with the following information:
- Name of the stock, and the number of shares transferred
- Your name, address and phone number
- Fund designation, if any, such as Unrestricted, Hospice care, BIG-TO-DO
You may be asked by your adviser for the following information: Visiting Nurse Health System Tax ID: 58-0566250
For Wire Transfers, and other giving opportunities, please email the Office of Advancement or call 404-215-6010.
Including Visiting Nurse in an Obituary
- Those desiring to make donations honoring John’s memory may do so to Visiting Nurse Health System/Hospice Atlanta, 5775 Glenridge Drive, Suite E200, Atlanta, GA 30328
- The family requests that, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Visiting Nurse Health System/Hospice Atlanta, 5775 Glenridge Drive, Suite E200, Atlanta, GA 30328
- Jane spent her final days at Hospice Atlanta Center. We want to thank and honor the dedicated nurses, doctors, and staff for the tender and compassionate care they provided to Granny. Donations in addition to, or in place of, flowers may be made to Hospice Atlanta. Donations may be made through vnhs.org/DonateNow. Please designate Hospice Atlanta on the donation form. Checks may be sent to Office of Advancement, Visiting Nurse Health System | Hospice Atlanta, 5775 Glenridge Drive, Suite E200, Atlanta, GA 30328.
Source and Use of Funds
In 2015, the cost of services we provided to underinsured patients exceeded our reimbursements by $3.4 million. To make up any shortfall, we rely on the generosity of community donors like you.
- Visiting Nurse provided access to home health and
hospice care to 1,736 patients who were either indigent
- We delivered advanced care and better outcomes
to patients and families in need: we provided 5,091
patients with access to specialized care programs
including Alzheimer’s Respite, Palliative Care,
Pediatric Hospice, Healthy Transitions and High-Risk
- We served more uninsured and Medicaid patients than
any other home healthcare provider in Georgia.
– Uninsured patients are those for which Visiting
Nurse covers the full cost of their care.
– For Medicaid patients, we receive only 42 cents in
reimbursement for every dollar in home healthcare
- We provided $3.4 million in uncompensated care for
uninsured and underinsured patients and for patients
with complex medical needs. These services were provided
according to the chart at right.