Our Speakers’ Series presentations are offered as a community service. Visiting Nurse Health System’s Hospice Atlanta professionals and volunteers are available free of charge to speak on a variety of topics. All topics average 25-45 minutes and can be customized to meet your group’s needs. Below is a list of topics that might be of interest and benefit to your organization, facility, club or civic group.
Speaking from experience and always from the heart, speakers cover a wide range of topics including:
- Hospice 101 – What Is Hospice?
- Advance Directives – End Of Life Planning
- Aging in Place – What Are My Options?
- Care for the Caregiver
- Fall Prevention Planning
- Fraud Awareness – Protecting Ourselves From Scams
- Value of Volunteerism
- Finding Ways to Reduce Stress
- Grieving – Everybody Does It
- How Children Grieve
- Coping With The Loss of a Child – No Matter What Age
- Grieving the Loss of Identity During Disease Treatment
- Camp STARS – Bereavement Camps For Families