Skilled home nursing care includes home infusion therapy which allows patients to receive needed fluids and medications to treat many illnesses and conditions. Home infusion therapy can address: infections, fluid replacement, nutritional deficits, cardiac conditions, cancer symptoms and many other medical conditions.
Visiting Nurse Health System’s specially trained nurses will visit you in your home and provide the following healthcare:
- Comprehensive clinical assessments
- Patient and family education in medication administration, management of the IV lines and pumps
- Lab work to evaluate the effectiveness of the medications
- Regular communication and coordination with the patient’s physician and pharmacy.
Infusion Services offered by Visiting Nurse Health System include:
- Hydration therapy
- Nutritional support
- Inotropic therapy
- Antibiotic therapy
- IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin) therapy
- Pain management via PCA (patient-controlled analgesia) pumps